[fitswcs] Re: WCS Paper III

William Thompson William.T.Thompson.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 18 15:48:39 EST 2004

I've read the scs_022404 draft of Paper III, and I have an immediate comment
regarding time.  The previous paper II had introduced MJD-OBS as a alternate
form of DATE-OBS.  Here MJD-AVG is introduced.  I would not like to see WCS
replacing the current ISO-8601 system, which is much better suited to the kind
of astronomy that I do.  Therefore, I propose that Paper III include a reference
to DATE-AVG, which can be used if MJD-AVG is not included in the header, just as
is done with MJD-OBS/DATE-OBS in Paper II.

--
William Thompson
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

301-286-2040