[fitswcs] WCS Paper III

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 8 14:51:08 EDT 2003

Now that the IAU is over, it is time to begin serious end-game
consideration of the spectroscopy paper in the WCS series.

The latest version is available from my home page

          http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~egreisen

It contains some further discussion of the meaning of "velocity"
including the effect of transverse velocities on the apparent radial
velocity.  The authors believe that we have done more or less all that
we should with this paper and wish to solicit outside opinion with the
view of having it accepted into the FITS standard and to publication
in A&A.

Cheers,