[fitswcs] WCS documents

William Pence pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 15 15:20:33 EDT 2001

Eric Greisen wrote:

>       What we do need to address is whether the  "This convention is
> not part of the main world coordinates convention." phrase in all 3
> papers attached to the appendix on tables is appropriate or whether we
> should make the tables nomenclature part of the standard.  It seems to
> me that it is widely used, well thought out, and appropriate after all
> this time to bepart of the main standard.

I'd vote to remove these restrictive phrases and make the appendices an
official part of the main papers.  I think it is just as important to
specify the WCS keyword names that should be used for the bintable vector
and pixel list representation of an image as it is for primary array images.

-Bill
Dr. William Pence                          pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)