[fitswcs] Orbital Calendar Poster of Solar System

nancyb at ioa.com nancyb at ioa.com
Wed Feb 21 00:19:31 EST 2001

Dear fellow friends of solar astronomy;

Hi, I'm Nancy Baumgarten, MLA ASLA a landscape architect turned
calendar-maker driven to create this work to really show how we all are
interconnected to Universe through the reality of our yearly solar cycles.

This is a one time mailing to those interested in the solar system. If this
reaches you in error please accept my apologies.

In looking for others of the same interests, I came across your website
and would like to offer the suggestion of link exchanges with you.
Please take a look at:  http://www.celestial-dynamics.com and see if it fits with
your interests.  THANKS....

Here is The Calendar as it really is!
a highly unique, astronomically-correct astronaut's view of the
Earth/Moon's yearly orbit through time-space with spectacular NASA
image of our Milky Way Galaxy

 You can chart  your course through the Cosmos with the
         ORBITAL CALENDAR    26" X 38" Poster    w/24-page book
             Includes  Mayan/Gregorian Concordance (GMS correlation).
                             Please see at:   http://www.celestial-dynamics.com

 After 11 years research and design on this project I am very proud of
The National Calendar Awards for:
*Most Original, * Most Educational * Best  Graphic Design

All astronomic data have been reviewed by Guy Ottewell, Astronomer at
Furman University; and the newly added Mayan calendrics have been taken
from and approved by John Major Jenkins, an independent archeologist and
highly original decoder of the remarkable work of the Mayans in the
Nature of TIME.

Here are some comments from others:

 "I consider this map as important to understanding the reality of Time
as Buckminster Fuller's 'Dymaxion Map' and Tom Van Zant's 'Geosphere'
are to viewing the real world without distortion."
                                   Mark Sutton  CEO, Aperion, Inc.
Dallas, Texas       Computer visualization of
scientific data; Consultant to federal agencies on global curriculum development.

Tom Hawking of Morehead Planetarium,
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill says of the calendar poster,
       "This space poster is simply the best most-easily understood
explanation that I have ever seen for teaching some rather difficult
concepts to grasp."

Each day's location and the exact time of the quarter phases of the
moon  is shown relative to the 13 ecliptic constellations; the
heliocentric location of each of the solar system's other planets are
also shown, including Chiron and Ceres.
  Please see at    http://www.celestial-dynamics.com

Sincerely,

Nancy K. Baumgarten, MLA, ASLA