[fitswcs] Re: WCS activity

Mark Calabretta Mark.Calabretta at atnf.csiro.au
Mon Aug 13 19:55:04 EDT 2001

On Thu 2001/08/09 09:15:08 MST, Steve Allen wrote
in a message to: FITSWCS <fitswcs at NRAO.EDU>

>The FITS file writer that I've created for UCO/Lick's first CCD mosaic
>contains some C code that handles subsets of the proposed multiple WCS
>keywords.  It uses pointers for storage of most of the WCS parameters.
>If a parameter has not been initialized its pointer is NULL.  The same
>sort of trick is possible even in Fortran 77.

Steve,

I'm sure there are many possible implementations which preserve
encapsulation without relying on the default value being zero as long as
we agree that there exists at least one.

The WCS proposal would not try to impose or even suggest one or the other,
in fact it mostly eschews discussion of its implementation.

Cheers, Mark