[fitsbits] DOI keyword usage for FITS? {External}

Seaman, Robert Lewis - (rseaman) rseaman at arizona.edu
Thu Aug 3 10:02:33 EDT 2023

Howdy,

The Catalina Sky Survey is archiving its data via the Small Bodies Node of the Planetary Data System (PDS). Part of this process was getting a DOI assigned: 10.26033/80fq-dn90

This can be resolved to lead to our PDS holdings, e.g., via https://dx.doi.org  (Docs accessible at https://sbn.psi.edu/pds/resource/css.html, or follow the breadcrumbs up and down from the DOI anchor.)

It’s been on my list to add the DOI to our FITS headers. Thoughts on best practices? Keyword name(s)? Etc?

Thanks,

Rob