[fitsbits] FITS for planetary surfaces

Chiara Marmo chiara.marmo at u-psud.fr
Mon Oct 22 04:07:48 EDT 2018

Dear list,

The VESPA[1] effort on FITS metadata for planetary surfaces has materialized in a paper accepted by Earth and Space Science[2].
We are planning to present a Request For Comment to IVOA and IPDA, in order to move forward a standardization of this proposition.

I'm in contact with people from the PDS Geosciences and Small Bodies Nodes and from ESA PSA to improve metadata dictionaries and clarify possible issues.

How can we proceed to propose the implementation of those new keywords to the IAU competent working group?

Thanks for any help,
best regards,
Chiara

[1] http://www.europlanet-vespa.eu/
[2] https://doi.org/10.1029/2018EA000388

--
Chiara Marmo
Ingénieur de Recherche GEOPS - Paris Sud-11