[fitsbits] reopening of Public Comment Period on the Green Bank convention

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 2 09:45:57 EDT 2016

Let me make sure I get this right:
I suspect you mean that the second axis is one pixel long.
If it were zero pixels long, there would be no pixels in the image at all.
I note that this mechanism (single-pixel axes) has been used extensively
in radio astronomy to specify the polarization and frequency of 2-D images.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA