[fitsbits] reopening of Public Comment Period on the Green Bank convention

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed Jun 1 05:15:31 EDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Tom McGlynn (NASA/GSFC Code 660.1) wrote:

> I am strongly opposed to adopting this convention within the FITS
> standard although I think it is perfectly appropriate for projects to
> use as they wish.

This should be exactly the sense of the proposed text. The Green Bank
convention is already mentioned in the WCS papers, the WCS papers are part
of the standard "per incorporation", and the proposed text NOW does
nothing else that reporting a sentence from the WCS papers. So it simply
reaffirms the status quo.

Therefore, unless more comments arise, I'd like to put it to a procedural
vote in IAU FWG next week.