[fitsbits] reopening of Public Comment Period on the compression conventions

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 11 18:01:57 EST 2016

While I don't see much benefit in totally separating the tiling
methodology from the compression techniques into separate proposals, I
do think it would be good to add another compression technique to Table
36: 'NOCOMPRESS' which means that the tile of data are stored verbatim
without any compression.  This is mainly useful for debugging purposes
and is already supported by CFITSIO and fpack.

-Bill Pence