[fitsbits] SAOImageDS9 7.5

William Joye wjoye at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:14:12 EST 2016

We are pleased to announce the availability of the new public release of SAOImage DS9 7.5.  More information about this package (including download links) is available at our web site: http://ds9.si.edu

New Features
	• New Preference file support- allows multiple preference files base on version number
	• Improved CIAO regions file compatibility
	• Improved FITS Bin table support
	• VO Simple Image Access (SIA) now supported
	• New Contour file syntax- supports individual contour line properties

Other Enhancements
	• New security enhancements
	• Improved performance for 3D rendering
	• New VLSS image server support