[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on compressed FITS image and tables

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 24 23:02:52 EDT 2015

Several compressed images that can be used for test purposes are
available from the convention Web page at
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/registry/tilecompression.html.  The fpack
utility program
(http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/fitsio/fpack/) also can be
used to generate other test compressed images from any other FITS image
using whatever compression parameters you desire.

-Bill