[fitsbits] elections for the OC of IAU Commission B2 (fwd)

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Tue Jun 9 11:21:30 EDT 2015

Apologies for repeated messages.

Those of you which are IAU members will be probably receiving just now the
voting instructions for the various divisions and commissions you belong
to.

In http://www.iau.org/submissions/commission_candidacy/review/ I noticed
that Arnold Rots, which is a current member of the FITS Working Group,
candidates to the Organizing Committee of Commission B2.

Such Committee should, among other tasks, regulate the transition between
the FITS Working Group and the new Data Representation Working Group,

I think it is a good thing to have a further friend of FITS in the
Organizing Committee, so I support Arnold's candidature and solicit you to
vote for him.