[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on compressed FITS image and tables

Dick Shaw shaw at noao.edu
Mon Jul 13 10:46:26 EDT 2015

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I was speaking of image compression in that snippet. I'm not aware of the extent that tiled
table compression has been taken up. I think it was Tom who suggested that table compression may
be more relevant if/when folks start storing images in table variable length arrays.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Dick