[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on the INHERIT convention

Peter Weilbacher pweilbacher at aip.de
Wed Jul 1 03:53:14 EDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, THIERRY FORVEILLE wrote:

> "Frank Valdes" <valdes at noao.edu> writes

On the other hand, reading and writing bintable data is less efficient
than writing image data. So when /using/ it, it creates extra overhead.
So depending on the use-case, writing MEF instead of bintables does make
a lot of sense, and that would benefit from INHERIT. (But since for
those purposes, INHERIT can be implicitly be assumed for the case at
hand, so that's a similarly weak argument for INHERIT as yours is
against. ;-))

   Peter.
--
Dr Peter Weilbacher                 http://www.aip.de/People/PWeilbacher
Phone +49 331 74 99-667                       encryption key ID 7D6B4AA0

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz
Stiftung bürgerlichen Rechts, Stiftungsverz. Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026