[fitsbits] FITS 'keyword dictionaries'

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 3 13:19:14 EDT 2014

For Chandra FITS conventions, see:
http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/contrib/arots/fits/ascfits.ps
It's a bit out of date, but should still be informative.
Our complete list of data products is contained in
http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/contrib/arots/fits/content.txt

We (Chandra) have also been working on a FITS dictionary for a number of
years
- with unlimited resources it would have been done a long time ago.

General HEA FITS conventions are documented at
https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/heasarc/fits.html
These are pretty much accepted throughout the HEA community.

  - Arnold Rots

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA