[fitsbits] TLONG pixels - cfitsio bug or misuse on my part?

Gallagher James jgallagher at opendap.org
Mon Jun 17 12:10:58 EDT 2013

Hi,

Is there a known issue with TLONG and 32-bit data with fits_read_img()? Or, when reading into an array of 32-bit integers should I be using TINT?

I'm asking because I have some code (inherited) that reads from an HDU IMAGE, where the BITPIX is a LONG_IMG, into an array of 32-bit integers using fits_read_img() with a type of TLONG. The library behaves as if its writing into an array of 64-bit integers. I can get correct behavior using TINT in place of TLONG, but I wonder why TLONG is not working… This is happening with library versions 3270 and 3340 on both OSX and Linux.

Thanks,
James
--
James Gallagher