[fitsbits] [mhvk at astro.utoronto.ca: Question about FITS format for logarithmic units]

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Dec 24 14:33:13 EST 2013

Mike, hello.

On 2013 Dec 12, at 15:25, Michael Droettboom <mdboom at gmail.com> wrote:

> We should definitely get involved in the VOUnit standardization effort on
> these things, as the current draft hints at, but doesn't really
> sufficiently address these issues.

That sounds like a great idea, and right now is a good time.

I have just now uploaded the RFC version of the document (see <http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Dec2013VOUnitsRFC>), after quite a long delay.  I _think_ that the concerns in this thread are catered for in this document, but if there are any last minute comments, there might be a route to squeeze in clarifications.

The RFC is scheduled to finish at the end of January (but that's probably a little flexible).

There's always the possibility of a v1.1, but that might be a little in the future.

There are some other materials at <http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/ivoa/unity/>.

All the best,

Norman

--