[fitsbits] SDFITS Convention Comment: Hardware Keywords

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 17 12:18:55 EDT 2010

Tom Kuiper wrote:
> William Pence wrote:
>> This is to announce the start of the Public Comment Period on the
>> SDFITS binary table convention that is used for interchange of single
>> disk data in radio astronomy...
>>
> Bill, when does this Public Comment Period end?  I'm now working through
> the process of writing the results of a particular series of
> observations into SDFITS.  It'll be the first step in trying to get all
> the DSN spectroscopic runs to produce compatible SDFITS files.  There
> will be issues along the way.  I expect it'll take a few months.

The comment period lasts at least 30 days, but there is no upper time
limit.  If there is a reasonable prospect that there will be continuing
developments regarding a particular convention, then it can remain open
for whatever time it takes to reach a conclusion.

Bill
Dr. William Pence                       William.Pence at nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662       HEASARC        +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                      +1-301-286-1684 (fax)