[fitsbits] The Vatican adopts FITS

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Apr 28 17:34:39 EDT 2010

This story is absolutely delightful!  It has even made it to slashdot.

The Vatican Newsletter mentions a "technical feasibility study".  Does
anybody have a copy of this study?  Were any of our august members
involved in the evaluation?  Do we know how they are planning to
handle color?  Or compression?

Yipes!  A successful project with the Vatican archives is likely to
influence other such projects worldwide.  The FITS community is poised
to become very much larger in scope.

Rob