[fitsbits] moving headers.

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 17 14:26:50 EDT 2008

Douglas S. Brenner wrote:
> Hope I'm in the right place.
>
> I have a fits file with the desired header in the first HDU test.fits[0]
> and the data in the second test.fits[1].  I need to combine it into one
> file that works in ds9.  How do I do this?

Many software analysis packages provide tools to copy keywords from one
file to another or extract a single HDU out of a multi-hdu file.

One standalone tool that could help with this is fv
(http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/ftools/fv/).  It could be
used to manually cut and paste each keyword from the primary HDU to the
second HDU.

Bill Pence
Dr. William Pence                       William.Pence at nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662       HEASARC        +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                      +1-301-286-1684 (fax)