[fitsbits] Images getting shifted and wrapping on themselves...?

gberz3 gberz3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:04:14 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, 11:21 pm, Steve Allen <s... at ucolick.org> wrote:
> BITPIX = 8 means unsigned integers
> BITPIX = 16 or 32 means signed integers

But this is as regards the actual values...no?  My concern isn't the
values, but their relative positions.  I'm guessing there is something
I am severely misunderstanding when it comes to FITS standards.

> BZERO and BSCALE can be used to modify the meaning of the
> linear transformation.

At this stage, the application doesn't understand these values.
However, the images in question don't make use them either.