[fitsbits] WCSlib and Fortran 95

melkor445 at gmail.com melkor445 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:05:27 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I have been in the past using cfitsio to read and write FITS files in
my f95 programs, and to perform pixel to world coordinate conversion,
but was interested in trying out wcslib to handle all the WCS-related
things better.

The fortran 77 wrappers that are included with wcslib are made
complicated because of the lack of derived types in f77. However,
since derived types are now part of the f95 standard, I was wondering
whether anyone out there had written wcslib wrappers in f95 which are
simpler to use? Even if this is only for a few routines, it would give
me an idea how to go about writing wrappers for the other functions.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Tom