[fitsbits] Viewing .fts flies

William Thompson William.T.Thompson.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 7 03:19:34 EST 2007

The SOHO project tended to use the convention where the .fts extension was used
for simple FITS image files, while .fits was used for more complicated FITS
files such as binary tables.

You may need to tell ds9 to turn off WCS.  It may be getting confused by the
fact that solar images are scaled in arc seconds instead of degrees.

Bill Thompson