[fitsbits] Proposed Changes to the FITS Standard

Craig Markwardt craigmnet at REMOVEcow.physics.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 23 18:16:10 EDT 2007

Bill, one incompatible change I see is that the EXTEND keyword is no
longer mandatory.  I am aware of several IDL FITS libraries which
follow the existing standard and require the presence of the EXTEND
keyword before extensions will be examined.  These libraries would no
longer function as-is if the EXTEND keyword became optional.

Also, the summary mentions an "Appendix E" about time standards, but
shouldn't this be Appendix B?

Craig Markwardt