[fitsbits] Question(s) regarding development of proprietary FITS manipulation software. . .

Michael Williams gberz3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 00:09:26 EDT 2007

> sorry, can't help it, but to me 100% proprietary and using the
> fitsio library are a contradiction in terms.

Yes, perhaps 100% was a bit too strong, but I was going for a bit of
hyperbole there.  Basically they want to write their own finished
product.  They aren't interested in purchasing copies of anything,
but, rather, wholly owning the finished product for future sales and/
or licensing.

Regards,
Michael