[fitsbits] REGION extension -- examples?

Tom Jarrett jarrett at ipac.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 22 14:16:06 EST 2005

Arnold,
On further thought, the Spitzer group feels that the
REGION definition used by Chandra (namely pixel coords
with WCS) will work satisfactorily with Spitzer spectral products.
So we are going to give this a try.  The two examples that you sent
to me (see note below) are helpful.  However, we have not successfully
been able to make these work with DS9 (version 3.0b6).

Before we start coding, we really need an example that we can work with.
Arnold, can you check your examples with DS9 and get back to me on that?
Can the fitsbits group point me to any other FITS examples
with REGION definition in the header?

Many thanks, -tjarrett