[fitsbits] New owner/moderator for <fitsbits>

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:46:19 EDT 2004

Don,

Let me add my own words of appreciation, gratitude, and, yes,
congratulations.  Your contributions, the nudging and poking, much of
it invisible to most of us, have made a world of difference to the
FITS world.
Thank you and enjoy your well-deserved retirement!

  - Arnold

Don Wells wrote:
> Dear friends of FITS,
>
> I retired from NRAO four months ago, after 40 years on astronomy
> payrolls.  I still have a small office space at NRAO, and I still have
> my <dwells at nrao.edu> account, but I am definitely in the process of
> reducing my professional activity level, slowly but steadily.

> --
>   Donald C. Wells        Scientist (retired)          dwells at nrao.edu
>                     http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
>   Charlottesville, Virginia USA                       +1-434-962-3363

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu