[fitsbits] New owner/moderator for <fitsbits>

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Oct 1 16:14:02 EDT 2004

On Mon 2004-09-27T13:56:34 -0400, Don Wells hath writ:
> I retired from NRAO four months ago, after 40 years on astronomy
> payrolls.

Beyond the lauds there does remain one hoop through which Don Wells
will have to jump with alacrity.  With me Don is co-author of the FITS
MIME Internet-Draft which is now in a 4-week period of evaluation by
the Internet Engineering Steering Group.  For full details, see
http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/fits/mime/

There has been no reason so far to believe that the document will not
be approved and handed to the RFC-Editor to become an RFC.
The evaluation period will expire during ADASS.  Some time after
that the RFC Editor will place the document into "Final Review",
also known as AUTH48.  Both Don and I will have 48 hours to
respond to give approval to the final form.

Fortunately, I have Don's cell phone number 8-)

--
Steve Allen          UCO/Lick Observatory       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
sla at ucolick.org      Voice: +1 831 459 3046     http://www.ucolick.org/~sla