[fitsbits] Updated FITS-WCS visualisation page

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 11:21:40 EST 2004

A few weeks ago I announced a WWW page which uses the AST library to
draw an annotated coordinate grid for a given set of FITS-WCS header
cards. I have recently made some changes:

1) I have moved it to a different http server which hopefully will
give more reliable access to the page.

2) The form should now also function on Netscape version 4 browsers.

3) It will now display alternate axis descriptions in addition to the
primary axis descriptions.

4) AST recognised a number of non-standard or deprecated features in the
input FITS header, and can translate them into equivalent standard
FITS-WCS keywords. The form now has an option to allow these "normalised"
headers to be displayed.

5) The form also has an option to display the AST FrameSet corresponding
to the supplied headers.

6) I have added some more examples.

7) A number of bug fixes in AST have been incorporated into the page.

To access the page, go to:

  http://www.starlink.ac.uk/ast/

and then go to the "FITS-WCS Plotting Demo" section.

David

Dr David S. Berry    (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project		 |	Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)	 |	University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 |	PRESTON
DIDCOT				 |	United Kingdom
United Kingdom			 |	PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX                                Tel. 01772 893733
                                             01257 273192