[fitsbits] (fwd) Windows Explorer Fits Viewer

Eddie Trimarchi eddiet at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 24 13:46:38 EST 2004

[This message was posted to Usenet newsgroup <sci.astro.fits> on
 02-17, six days ago.  I noticed that it was not forwarded to mailing
 list <fitsbits> by the gateway connecting <sci.astro.fits> to
 <fitsbits>.  An investigation showed that the NRAO-CV newsserver
 system was down.  That server was rebooted about 3 hours ago, and
 seems to be working again.  It is an old 100_MHz Pentium, and its
 disk is known to have hardware problems, and so this gateway problem
 could occur again at any time. -Don Wells (<fitsbits> owner)]

Hi All,

I have a beta version of a FITS thumbnail generator and viewer
extension for windows explorer available for free download from my
website.

http://astroshed.com/fits4win/fits4win.html

At this stage it supports up to 32-bit float fits images.

--

Regards,

Eddie Trimarchi