[fitsbits] Re: [fitswcs] WCSLIB 3.3

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 04:09:10 EST 2003

> On Fri 2003/10/24 11:55:37 MST, Stephen Walton wrote
> in a message to: Mark Calabretta <Mark.Calabretta at atnf.CSIRO.AU>
> and copied to: fitsbits at cv.nrao.edu
>
> >CD matrix format, though, may I politely request that Bill and/or your
> >routines support the CD and PC matrices?
>
> WCSLIB already does, as of version 3.0, and also recognizes CROTAn
> in old header files.  Likewise for the new parsing routine that I
> mentioned (when it eventually appears).

Just for completeness... the AST library (www.starlink.ac.uk/ast/) also
handles CD (both CDi_j and CDiiijjj) and PC matrices (both PCi_j and
PCiiijjj), and includes a parsing system (i.e. you give it an entire
header, and it sucks out the bits it needs and gives you a pointer to
an object representing all the WCS information in the header).

David