[fitsbits] Re: [fitswcs] WCSLIB 3.3

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:38:28 EDT 2003

Mark's announcement of WCSLIB 3.3 reminds me to ask a generic question
about an issue I'm sure others have faced:  how best to switch from an
IRAF environment to a CFITSIO/WCSLIB one.  While IRAF has served us well
for 15 years, I don't see a huge effort being undertaken to bring its
WCS library in compliance with the standard, nor to support other map
projections beyond those already in place.  As a solar astronomer I have
other needs :-) .

Most of my code is in Fortran, with just a few SPP "wrapper" main
programs to get access to some of the IRAF IMIO routines.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge