[fitsbits] fits converter -> BMP/JPG code

Darrell Porcello porcello at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu May 8 02:29:46 EDT 2003

Hello Everyone,

I was looking for a source for code that would take most fits images,
parse out its header and convert the image into a BMP or JPG format.
Freeware of pay, it doesn't matter. I have found lots of fits readers
and converters, but none really work for my purposes.

I am trying to design a GUI image processor that would itneract with a
fits image source, but I don't want to lose the header info.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

darrell