[fitsbits] WCS coordinates for North/South Pole composite image?

Wayne Landsman landsman at mpb.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 13 14:28:20 EST 2003

I have an image displaying the entire sky in a Zenithal Equal Area (ZEA)
projection, with the left side of the image centered on the North pole,
and the right side centered on the South pole.     The situation is very
similar to that described in Section 7.4.2 of Calabretta & Greisen
(2002, A&A, 395, 1077) who derive the WCS info for the North pole image
and the (different) WCS info for the South pole image.     However, I
want to view the two poles side by side -- is there any way to write WCS
coordinates that would work for the composite image?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Wayne Landsman             landsman at mpb.gfsc.nasa.gov