[fitsbits] FITS name change?

teuben at astro.umd.edu teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sun Sep 15 15:07:12 EDT 2002

Steve Allen wrote:

> On Fri 2002-09-13T14:47:43 -0400, William Pence hath writ:
> > appropriate to call it "Flexible Image and Table System".

Although I really like it, and reflects where FITS has been moving the
past 10 years, we would then rid the T of transport..
I'd rather rid the redundant 'S', since we don't really have a "system".

> Seems like something to discuss at the ADASS BoF.
> Who's organizing that?

BoF's were indeed just announced. Don Wells has done it in the past,
i suspect Don will do again. We have a working WCS agreement, and a slew
of "minor" agreements left in the pipeline. So, i think it would be good
to do a BoF.

- peter