[fitsbits] crop FITS images

Michael Olberg olberg at oso.chalmers.se
Wed Oct 16 04:37:44 EDT 2002

Hi,

A student in our department looks for a tool that would allow her to
cut down FITS images to a smaller size and then store the cropped
picture again as a FITS file with updated coordinate information in
the header. I guess AIPS, IRAF, Midas etc. would be able to do this,
but I wondered if anybody knows of smaller, stand-alone programs for
this kind of job. It should run under Linux.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Michael Olberg           | e-mail: olberg at oso.chalmers.se
Onsala Space Observatory | tel: +46-31-7725507 (work) +46-300-10778 (home)
S-43992 Onsala, SWEDEN   | fax: +46-31-7725590
-------------------- This quote left blank intentionally ------------------