[fitsbits] FITSIO

William Pence pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 11 12:03:15 EST 2002

OOZEER Nadeem wrote:

> I am using the latest version of CFITSIO 2.4 to write FITS... We use a
> DEC--SIN system where our image is in the RA and sin(Zenith Angle)
> domain ... I would like to know how should I put the increment in
> DEC--SIN when calling the subroutine to write the FITS file.

If you are asking how to write the world coordinate system keywords using
CFITSIO, then you should call the fits_write_keyword routine to write the
necessary keywords into the image header, i.e.,

CTYPE1
CTYPE2
CRVAL1
CRVAL2
CRPIX1
CRPIX2
CDELT1
CDELT2

In your case, it sounds like CTYPE2 should be 'DEC--SIN', and CDELT2 should
contain the pixel increment in declination (in degrees).

-Bill Pence
Dr. William Pence                          pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)