[fitsbits] Leap Second questionnaire

Mark Calabretta Mark.Calabretta at atnf.CSIRO.AU
Thu Jun 27 20:28:06 EDT 2002

On Tue 2002/06/25 05:10:22 -0400, Arnold Rots wrote
in a message to: seaman at noao.edu (Rob Seaman)
and copied to: fitsbits at donar.cv.nrao.edu

>Thank you for the reminder.  From what I understand it is indeed the
>navigation community that drives this initiative; note the last words
>of IAU Resolution 2000-B2: "and relevant navigational agencies".

For reference:

The relevant IAU working group is within Division 1 (Fundamental
Astronomy), Commission 31: (Time).  The relevant link is:

   http://www.bipm.org/IAU31/activities.html

This contains a link to

   http://rom.usno.navy.mil/archives/leapsecs.html

which contains archives of the LISTSERV discussion group
leapsecs at rom.usno.navy.mil which is open access (after joining the
list) and interested parties have been invited to join.  There has
been a modest amount of traffic on the list this year.

Mark Calabretta
ATNF