[fitsbits] Re: How to do a row filter

William Pence pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 10 13:07:29 EDT 2002

"Patrick L. Nolan" wrote:

> OK.  I figured it out for myself. Apparently the new
> virtual table includes only the extension, not the main
> table.  I just had to remove my call to fits_moverel_hdu
> which skips over the main table.

Actually, all the extensions in the physical input file are preserved in the
virtual file.  CFITSIO automatically moves to the filtered extension in the
virtual file, so there was no need to call fits_moverel_hdu in your case.

-Bill Pence
Dr. William Pence                          pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)