[fitsbits] fittopnm conversion question

msg124@hotmail.com u410400390 at spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net
Fri Oct 19 18:19:31 EDT 2001

Hi,
I am sorry if my question is out of scope somehow.
But, in order to convert form fits to pnm there are options that
i need to enter that i am famialr with as far the fits file goes.

command:
fitstopnm [-image N] [-noraw] [-scanmax] [-printmax] [-min f] \
[-max f] [FITSfile]

The -image option is for FITS files with three axes. The assumption
is that the third axis is for multiple images, and this option
lets you select which one you want.

how do i determine what is the correct value of NAXIS for my
fits image?.

how do i determine what are the correct values for scanmax, printmax,
min and max.?

I am converting on solaris or linux and transferring it to windows
for viewing.
I read the man pages but i am sort of lost.
Jim

--
Sent by msg124 from  hotmail within field com