[fitsbits] FITS reference

Arnold Rots arots at head-cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 10 15:04:58 EDT 2001

I would add the formal bibcode "2001A&A...376..359H" or the full URL
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=2001A%26A...376..359H

  - Arnold

William Pence wrote:

> As a result of the imminent publication of the NOST FITS Standard in the
> Astronomy and Astrophysics journal, I'm proposing to update the COMMENT
> cards that the CFITSIO library writes in the the primary header of every
> new FITS file that it creates.  Previously, CFITSIO wrote the following
> 4 comment cards:
>
> COMMENT   FITS (Flexible Image Transport System) format defined in Astronomy and
> COMMENT   Astrophysics Supplement Series v44/p363, v44/p371, v73/p359, v73/p365.
> COMMENT   Contact the NASA Science Office of Standards and Technology for the
> COMMENT   FITS Definition document #100 and other FITS information.
>
> Now I am proposing to reduce this to a single comment card:
>
> COMMENT FITS format is defined in 'Astronomy and Astrophysics' vol 376 page 359
>
> Any comments on this proposed change to CFITSIO?
>
> -Bill Pence
> --
> Dr. William Pence                          pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
> NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
> Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 81                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head-cfa.harvard.edu