address policy Re: [fitsbits] FITS vs. TIFF (or other image formats)

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it
Tue Nov 20 12:06:22 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Mike Nolan wrote:

> On the other hand, it's not polite to send to a list and not include a
> working, if antispammed, email address.

As the one which was "victim" of the non-existing address, I may tend to
agree for a "pure" mailing list, but fitsbits is somehow gatewayed to a
newsgroup, and I share with the original poster reservations about
posting on newsgroups with my real address. The original poster posted via
a newsgroup and was possibly not even aware of the gateway.