[fitsbits] Re: COMMENT and HISTORY keywords, addendum

Tom Kuiper kuiper at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 12 11:58:06 EDT 2000

> From pwilson at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov Thu Oct 12 08:11:00 PDT 2000
>    To obtain the COMMENT/HISTORY entries, use "dump -s" to get a list of
> all keyword/value/comment values or "dump -l" to identify the record
> numbers of COMMENT/HISTORY entries and then use "get keyword -n" to get
> each each individually.

Thanks, Peter.

Your reply arrived while I still had my example in an xterm, I'll complete
the example below using your above advice.

Cheers

Tom

% fitsObj0 dump -l
SIMPLE BITPIX NAXIS NAXIS1 CTYPE1 EXTEND COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT CTYPE1
% for {set i 0} {$i < [llength $kw]} {incr i} {
    if { [lindex $kw $i] == "COMMENT"} {
      puts [fitsObj0 get keyword -num [expr $i+1]]
    }
  }
COMMENT { } {  FITS (Flexible Image Transport System) format defined in Astronomy and}
COMMENT { } {This is another comment}
COMMENT { } {  Contact the NASA Science Office of Standards and Technology for the}
COMMENT { } {  FITS Definition document #100 and other FITS information.}

--
Internet:       kuiper at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109