[fitsbits] DS9

Peter Teuben teuben at wam.umd.edu
Tue Nov 28 23:42:18 EST 2000

"William F. Wyatt" wrote:

> "Motallebi, Habib" wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > does anyone in here knows where i can download DS9 for redhat linux from?.
> >
> > HM
>
> Have you tried ftp://sao-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/rd/ds9  ?

you can also download it via 'astromake', a small utility that
makes upgrading packages like these a snap. See
	http://www.astro.umd.edu/nemo/linuxastro/astromake
for details. For a number of locally popular package, i keep
copies online.

Once you have installed astromake, a typical upgrade of a few
packages would be as follows:

	astromake all ds9-pjt miriad karma-pjt

(the -pjt options are repackaged by me for easy of installing)

ds9-pjt comes with "mirds9", an example shell script (client) how you
can send fits files, planes from a miriad datacube etc. into the ds9
server.

- peter