[fitsbits] FIT Keyword data dictionaries

Tom Kuiper kuiper at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 2 10:53:15 EST 2000

> Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:43:47 +0000
> To: fitsbits at cv.nrao.edu
> From: Peter Bunclark <psb at ast.cam.ac.uk>
> Newsgroups: sci.astro.fits
I concur that the units should be decimal degrees.

I prefer an earlier suggestion by Steve Allen that the keyword be more specific
as to the type of longitude and latitude:
SITEGLON
SITEGLAT
SITEALON
SITEALAT
This would require a revision of the Single Dish Format shared keywords, but
since that isn't yet a published standard, it should not be too late.
I would also propose for the SDF keywords
ECLIPLAT
ECLIPLON
for people who study solar system objects.

Regards

Tom

--
Internet:       kuiper at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109