[fitsbits] Re: FITS support within ACDSee

Skywise into at oblivion.nothing.com
Mon Jul 10 18:41:28 EDT 2000

Rob Wiens wrote:

> I am a project manager for ACD Systems and we are thinking of adding FITS
> support to our image viewer ACDSee (www.acdsystems.com).  I was wondering
> how many of the people who would use the FITS format are using a PC and how
> great the need is for a fast FITS browser/viewer?
>
> Please send me your thoughts, and thank you for your time.
>
> rwiens at acdsystems.com

My vote, yes, I'd find it useful. Being able to use only one
program to view and browse images in a multitude of formats is
extremely useful. Having to open up a special program just to
view an image in one unsupported format get's to be a pain
sometimes.

The editing of the image can be left to the appropriate software
of the users choice.