[fitsbits] conversion to fits

Motallebi, Habib habib.motallebi at lmco.com
Tue Aug 1 19:15:13 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am trying to write a C program that for  windows 95 visual C++.
This little converison program is going ot be used on windows 95
environment. I have several ways of doing this in unix env. My main
concern is windows 95 env. and that is where i am a beginner. I never
wrote anything in windows env. Never worked visual c++ or Borland which
we do not have....
So, if i write a C program, all i have to do is in to put the inlcude file
"fitsio.h" on the top of my program, right?.  Then i have to use the visual
c++ to link all the source codes that are in the "fitsio.h" in my source
code.
Again are just a standard binary with two byte two integer in the beginning
for the width and height. I think i have to do byte swapping.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

hm