FITS to GIF/TIFF/etc.

Trieu Truong ttruong at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 26 17:24:27 EST 1999

Hello.

I'm a newbie to FITS and was hoping someone might be kind enough to
tell me if there is PC software that will allow me to manipulate FITS
files and convert them to GIF/JPEG/TIFF/etc. files so that I can put
the pics up on the Web.  I've tried FTOOLS, but that didn't allow me
to save the files as anything but postscript files, and Photoshop (my
main image editor) couldn't read the .ps files.  Please please help.

TIA

ps. I am aware of MIRA from Axiom Research.  Is this my only option?