programs which support FITS

Bob Denny rdenny at dc3.com
Wed Jul 21 12:41:32 EDT 1999

Hello Bill --

I just wanted to thank you for FITSView! There's a lot of great technology
hidden behind its modest user interface. I am just about to release some
amateur/educational software that generates and uses WCS, and I have used
your program tons of times myself and for demonstrations to show why
everyone should be using WCS. Your histogram EQ is virtually perfect for
eyeball work without having to adjust the B and C controls.

The port of fv from the FITS Tools is abysmal as far as its user interface
goes. It won't even fit on an 800x600 screen, and the controls are
unbelievably baroque. Just try blinking images :-) Plus it has to install a
monster load of emulation junk just for that one program.

Anyway, thanks for a nice tool.

  -- Bob

PS: Look at http://pinpoint.dc3.com/ for what I am doing.